Wednesday, March 5, 2008

ACC 2008!

ACC this year was an all around worth while and fun experience. I was able to walk around and get feedback from my classmates and professors. With the help of Jan, I had the opportunity again to work the show, this time with Anna Shapiro. Anna makes these intricate hand loomed shall type wearables, most which were made with bamboo fiber and super soft. She like many other artists on Friday were shocked at the lack of crowd. She had a very visually pleasing booth set up, everything was easily visible, organized, and definitely had a cohesive look. The more I go back to ACC, the more I notice the same stuff that never seems to fit as a part of the show for me. Despite this, there are definitely enough new artists and returning artists with new work to entertain me and want to be there.

No comments: